12.27.2008

Portal: Still Alive

I've recently (well, not so recently) downloaded this Xbox Live Arcade exclusive title in hopes of new challenges and just as much fun as the original Portal. And, I was not disappointed.

Still Alive features 14 totally new levels, which is great considering the original only had 6. Still Alive also comes with the full version of Portal, so it's the old game, plus new content for only $15. Portal for PC, without the Still Alive maps, is $20 by itself.

I became obsessed with speed runs on each level but if you check out some of the examples on youtube they feature abusing glitches to complete each level quicker, and 99% of the videos are for the PC version of Portal. Sometimes people would outright cheat, too, using cheats to make them faster, jump further, etc.. it's not even close to impressive if they're trying to show off how good they are.

I then noticed that speed runs for the Still Alive levels aren't on there, so I decided to take a crack at it. Here's a few of my videos.

Chamber 1, Least Time


Chamber 2, Least Time


Chamber 3, Least Time


Chamber 4, Least Time


I would still be working on more runs but my box is out of commission for right now. Oh, and you'll also notice the sensitivity difference when compared to PC runs.. and that's obviously due to PCs having the advantage with a mouse, and the console being limited to a controller. So, take note.

Anywho, I'm sure more are to come sooner or later.

No comments:

Post a Comment