2.02.2015

MelterMan: Sprint 1 done

We are in a very interesting place right now, in the sense that our front-to-back experience is being re-built in many different ways, so we don't have much to show at the moment.  The reasoning is that we are integrating a brand new 3D model, getting animations, sizing, etc all finished up and implemented, as well as re-writing the player controller to be far less expensive when we get a lot of collisions (removing raycasting as much as possible).

All of our UI and other things for maintenance are all being worked on right now too, so it is not a very interesting sprint in terms of us adding exciting gameplay.  For Sprint 2 we are hoping to have something much more presentable, so we are on to that goal for the time being.  :)

I am also trying to take a role of giving my team leads and team members more autonomy based on what they think needs to be added to the game.  I have a rough idea and have scheduled out tasks for the rest of the semester (not for everyone), but I am hoping that people will remain proactive and be excited enough to put work into the game that they are interested in.  It was harder last semester because I kept seeing us not getting as far as I'd like, and then taking over tasks or making new ones for myself, which caused a lot of stress.  Doing my best to avoid that has been working out well this semester.

No comments:

Post a Comment